· Connected to existing water main at intersection of Pine Street and Pine Point
· Completed roadway patch and concrete work along East Lake Avenue
· Sanitary sewer repairs
· Received required approvals to place water main along Pine Street into service
· Began water service replacements
Work Anticipated to be completed Next Week, May 9th to May 13th
· Complete water service replacements
· Make final connections between new water main and existing water main
· Install new fire hydrant near East Lake Avenue
· Abandon old water main pipes, valves, and fire hydrants.
· Begin concrete curb & gutter removal
Water service replacements will continue and be completed this week along Pine Street. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 1 hour while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
Near the middle of next week, the underground utility construction will be completed. The contractor will make the final connections between the new and old water mains and abandon the old water main. The next phase of construction is the roadway improvements. The contractor is anticipating to being concrete curb & gutter removals next week. Some driveways might be affected by this work. Should access to any resident’s driveway be restricted, they will be notified prior to the work being completed.
Once the concrete curb & gutter is replaced, the excavated trenches will be restored with an asphalt patch. Landscape restorations are anticipated to begin following asphalt trench patching and concrete curb & gutter replacement.
Thanks again for all your understanding and patience. Please be on the look-out for any notices on your door regarding potential restrictions to driveway access in the coming days and week.